Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Potty Training Tuesday

Potty Training... or, a term I've recently heard, Potty Learning. That sounds a little more accurate here because I'm not full on training Jack. It's more of a self paced learning. He does EXCELLENT when conditions are perfect. Like when we're at home, naked, with the bathroom door unlocked, and I'm not fussing over getting him to go. The best times are when I'm not thinking about it. He just goes on his own. It's when I'm thinking about it and asking often, "need to go potty?" that he refuses and ends up going in his undies or more likely, the floor. He also likes to go in his car seat. I can't figure that one out. Even when we just went to the restroom or even after adamantly refusing to go right before getting in the car... moments later he'll go in the car. Not always but that's one of his favorite places to have an "accident." I think he's doing great though. Not Nelson's successful one week boot camp training from Daddy but he'll definitely be done before Henry's "i'm wearing a diaper 'til I'm three." Phew!

No comments: