Tuesday, July 19, 2011

No. Mine!



It's funny how different all the boys are. By the time Nelson was two he not only new all the basic colors, but also the different shades and could say them as clearly as I can. He still talks a lot (and deep for his age I think) and absorbs everything. Henry at that age wasn't talking so much and wouldn't really show me that he knew the names of the colors but he would always group like color objects together.... and toys... always lining them up and categorizing them. He still organizes everything (movies, books, clothes, etc.) perfectly. Jack is 2 now and it just dawned on me that we need to start working on learning our colors. He already knows most of his body parts and is really starting to talk. But he was not in to what I was trying to teach him today. (I know he'll get it one day) He was cracking me up! We had the giant legos ready. My plan was to build towers out of each color and let him knock them down. I started with red tower building and everytime we picked up a red block I would say red. He would then say, "No. Mine!" and take it away from me. Those happen to be his two most used words. Imagine that. He is every bit of a 2 year old boy! ;) We had fun though.. building an array of multicolored towers and crashing them down. Kash slept peacefully through it all. I can't wait to see how his personality turns out. (yes, I realize he is slumped down and looks uncomfortable in that pic but he was breathing and asleep and I needed him to stay that way!)

No comments: