Monday, August 27, 2007

Nelson's First Day of Kindergarten!

Today was the big day! Luckily Nelson fell asleep right away last night...at 8:00p.m.... so he wasn't a bear this morning! I put Henry in my bed at the same time so he wouldn't keep Nelson awake like he normally does and you know what? The little booger went right to sleep too! HOoray! Anyway, the day started out great. Nelson woke up in a very cheerful mood even though the sun wasn't up yet!

His words were... Mom! It's early! And yes, it was.. it was 6:40a.m. I'm not sure if anyone in this house besides James has been up that early in the past 2 years! He got to have his eggs and biscuits on the "Special Day" Plate which he loved! It was the first time anyone has eaten off of it! I'm sure it made his breakfast taste much better than it was..... I somehow forgot to get breakfast food so he didn't get any bacon with it... bad mommy! :(Once he was all dressed we headed outside for pictures. And as we all know, Nelson is quite the ham! He loved the feel of his clothes. And... are you sitting down?? Please, don't faint... but I ACTUALLY IRONED THEM! Yes, I ,Kassy Suggs, IRONED clothes! WOW! And YES, Nelson looked SHARP! Isn't he handsome?Posing... I could just eat him up! I asked him how excited he was about school and he did a little jig that went something like this:We got his backpack out for more posing. I was afraid he wouldn't want to use it because I got a solid red one that actually fit him instead of an oversized and ugly superhero one. At this point he is sick of the pictures... sorry, gotta take more!Not sure what was going on here but still cute!He is telling me again how happy is about going to school. I am thrilled that he wants to go. I hope that never changes!James is working today but he got to "sneak" away for an hour to come with us for the first day.Nelson was so happy about that! It wouldn't have been the same without Daddy!
Now isn't this the most handsome boy you've ever seen?! Well I think so! Unfortunately I felt rushed once we got to school and no one else was doing the picture thing outside the school so we didn't either. I wish we would have! I may do it when I pick him up this afternoon. :) But, here he is sitting at his place. Gosh..... it makes me tear up looking at this. :( He's really growing up way too fast!

Well, it's time for us to say goodbye! You're going to have a great day Nelson! I love you! And there he sits.. in his classroom. His teacher was really sweet by the way. I think she'll be good. For some reason they didn't have "Meet the Teacher" night yet so we'll be doing that tonight... weird.

1 comment:

Summer said...

Oh my gosh, Kassy!!! He is the CUTEST!!!! He is growing up WAY too fast!