Wednesday, September 19, 2007

One more thing.

I HATE CELL PHONES. Not completely...the whole idea of a cell phone is a good one. It's just the coverage area's, their cost, their lack of customer care.... it's almost like insurance, the necessary evil. I know we didn't use to have cell phones. Can anyone tell me how we functioned with out them? Seriously.

I find myself wanting to just throw mine out the window. It is a peice of junk afterall. I pay too much for it...it wouldn't be so bad if there weren't SO MANY taxes and surcharges on it. Good grief!

The other problem I have... I have had the same company through all it's name changes since my very first cell phone which was 10 years or more ago. Yet, when my phone breaks before I'm "eligible for upgrade" they want to charge me FULL PRICE for a new phone. I'm not asking for a freebie here I just want the same phone or even a lesser model for an AFFORDABLE price. In May when I'm eligible for upgrade they'll let me buy one at a huge discount IF I extend my contract ANOTHER two years. If I was a new customer they'd give me a free one. Why not help out the customers you've had for a while? Makes sense to me.

Anyway....we are going to switch services. I know when it comes to the above customer care it's probably all the same but the one we are with now is ALWAYS dropping calls and losing signal. There's got to be something better out there. So I'm doing my research and have just about come to the conclusion. But before I do, anyone out there have any tips or suggestions on cell phone companies?

1 comment:

Leah Armstrong said...

Don't forget about cancellation fees $175 per phone with att. Good Luck, if I switched I would go to Alltel and do not get a LG phone.