Sunday, September 30, 2007

Busy Saturday

I didn't get any pictures of our day but it was a good one! James was working (UNFORTUNATELY) but the boys and I managed to stay busy.

First we cleaned house some and got ready to go... we went to the Church of Christ for their back to school Bible Bash...we were late so we didn't stay long but the kids had fun.

Next we went to town for lunch then to a birthday party. The birthday girl, Madisyn, has an older sister named Kennedy who is Nelson's new girlfriend!! Ha ha! They followed each other around and they talked down by the pond. Cute! Anyway, both boys had a blast at the party.

Last we went back home for Picnic at the Park. They had a bounce house, BBQ, a balloon man... the most awesome one I've ever seen! Also live music. It was a country band that played older stuff. They were really good and the kids enjoyed it. WELL.... while we were there, once the kids burned off most of their energy (I don't know HOW they had any left) we were hanging out on a blanket I brought. They saw our neighbor Mr. H sitting with a couple of his elderly friends. The boys ran over to say hello and climbed in his lap and visited with him and his friends. Henry even switched laps and sat with the friends. They all thought the boys were precious and one lady, Mrs. R, asked a ton of questions about them and just ooo'd and awe'd over them. Later after we were back on our blanket, Mr. & Mrs. R were getting up to leave and the boys had to say goodbye to their new friends. They ran over and Mrs. R squatted down to hug them... now let me tell you, she's got to be in her late 70's at least...anyway, she squatted down on her heels to hug them and they both hugged her with all their might. I wasn't quite there yet but in slow motion I saw her topple over backwards landing flat on her back with both my boys on top of her. OMG! I was mortified! I ran over and apologized numerous times as I was helping her .. all the while she and the boys were laughing hysterically. I felt awful and just knew everyone was wondering why I hadn't kept my kids in line better..the hooligans! Anyway, I apologized again and she said not to worry she was fine and she enjoyed it very much! We went to sit back down. I couldn't get it off my mind so I went back to her (leaving the boys on the blanket with strict instructions not to move a muscle til I return). I asked her again if she was okay and said how sorry I was. She said "Don't worry about it at all!! Don't give it another thought! Those boys are precious and I don't get hugs from little ones very often, I'll take them how I can get them. I loved EVERY second of it!!" Her husband then chimed in, "She's tougher than she looks!" And as I walked away he grabbed me by the arm and said "Really, don't you worry about it she really did like it." Phew... I am just glad ther were no broken hips. LOL

So that was our adventurous Saturday! Hope you all had a great weekend too!

No comments: