Monday, October 8, 2007

1. Everything is going great...James and I are having a party this Friday that is JUST FOR ADULTS! We have never done that before. LOL I think it'll be fun. It's mostly guys and their wifes from the fire dept, plus a couple of my friends. We kept it small. I'm fixing dinner for everyone and I don't know what we'll do... visit, play cards and/or dominos.... I just wish my house was more finished but every one knows it is a work in progress so I shouldn't worry about it. Plus, everyone that is coming except for a couple of people, were all here before we moved in so they KNOW what it was like before! A lot of them helped us with getting it move in ready and then there's Eric, he's been here for EVERY project. What a trooper. ;)

2. This is probably my favorite thing coming up...and would definitely be if James was off work for this. Anyway, my mom's side of the family is coming here for Thanksgiving!!! I am so excited!!!! It's been quite a while since we have all had Thanksgiving together. And before we had all met at my mom's a couple of time earlier this year, it had been a while since we had done anything with all of us together. So... as you can tell, this is a big deal. It's going to be great! My mother-n-law and her husband (Debbie & AL) are trying to come too. Debbie gave me a lot of holiday decor when we first moved in and let me tell you... I am going to have the prettiest Thanksgiving table EVER! I wish we were already past Halloween so I could put out the Thanksgiving stuff.

3. Speaking of Halloween...This will be the first year that James and I will have trick-or-treaters! We are looking forward to it. We'll take the boys trick-or-treating to a few of our neighbors pretty early then come back home to sit on our porch with a fire and hand out candy. The boys, thanks to Debbie, are going to be pirates for halloween. She sent them a goody box today with costumes and all the accessories and some candy. They though it was very cool!!

4. I'm working hard at getting my Scentsy business up in full force. I really hope this turns into something. I'm not expecting or wanting to get rich quick by any means.. I just want something that is fun and earns me a little extra spending money (or money to pay off some debt) and if it happens to turn into more then that's great. I'm having my first party on October 20th at my house. I'm a little nervous...I've never done this before and my sponsor can't be here because she lives out of state. For some reason, I think I'm more worried about it because it is friends & family... I would be less nervous if it was a room full of strangers! :) I'm sure it will go fine though.

Okay... well that's it. Hope everyone is having a great week.

Love & Hugs,
Kassy

1 comment:

Leah Armstrong said...

1.)Can't wait for the party...finally got a sitter
2.)Family gathering are oh so fun, 4th of July was great at your mom's
3.)The Girls are going to be witches, can't wait to go Trick-or-treating. You will have so much fun on your porch, if you lived closer we would come visit.
4.)Scentsy is great, I am sure I will be one of your #1 customers, lol!