Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Nelson Lost His First Tooth!!!

We've been waiting for Nelson's to lose his first tooth. He has had one that was just tiny bit loose for so long and the last couple of days it got really loose! He wanted so bad for us to tie a string around it and the door and slam it to get it out. James was home tonight so we tried that but every time the string slid off the tooth. Finally we talked him into letting James just pull it out with his fingers. It was so cute... I could hardly look though because this kind of stuff freaks me out... I've always been scared of loosing teeth. Anyway, Brave Nelson stood there while James wiggled it back and forth and *pop* out it came! Nelson didn't realize it at first and looked really surprised then worried and then cried a little when he saw the blood. James had him swish salt water in his mouth which he thought was very cool! Then we had to make our phone calls. Mema and Gramps, Nina & Pops, Nini & Papa, Mimi & Papa, Papaw & Shaylynn, John & Kristin. It started out as "Dad pulled my tooth" then to "yanked my tooth" then "jerked my tooth" and finally "Dad RIPPED my tooth right outa my mouth!". So funny how the story grew and grew. He got a certificate for losing his tooth that we put under the pillow with the tooth so the tooth fairy will know to stop here since it's never been here before (James idea!) and we sang the "Loose Tooth Song". We had a fun evening! Here are a couple of pictures of Mr. Snaggle-tooth. I'd have more but I left my camera at Mom's and I had to use my cell phone... ENJOY!





1 comment:

Leah Armstrong said...

It took me a minute to figure out who it was on my text message. I am sure he will not have a hard time eating his thanksgiving dinner. Congrats Nelson!!