Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Holidays

Well...Thanksgiving (the holiday) is now over but I am forever thankful for the wonderful family I have! This year was our first Thanksgiving in ouir new home and our first time to host Thanksgiving. My mom's side of the family all came and it was wonderful! We all got caught up with each other, the kids played, and some of us watched some football. And the food... can't forget that! I think most of us ate a lot! I have cousins that are quite a bit younger than me, even some that are very close to the age of my own children. It was so great to see my boys playing with and having such a good time with them. I have to say, the kids in our family our the best around! I don't know many teenage boys that would be so willing (and enjoy themselves) while entertaining a 5 year old. Nelson was on top of the world! The day was really wonderful. I was stressed a little bit before hand, worried how it would go but it was really a relaxed day! Everything went smoothly, as far as I know not a single person was bored, the food was good...I think everyone felt comfortable. It created a wonderful memory for me that when I think about it, makes me feel all warm & fuzzy! :)

Friday we went to Memaw Dailey's Thanksgiving (my MIL Gale's side of the family). It was nice too.. more great food, visiting with cousins that we don't see often (we live so close so we should get together with them more often!!), and played dominoes... a staple at the family gatherings! The boys got to run around like crazy and be rowdy with their cousins. On that side of the family i t's mostly little boys so you can imagine how rowdy they get! It was lots of fun!

Saturday we went to my Grandmother's in Louisiana (my dad's side). We celebrated my dad's 55th birthday with a fish fry. It was nice to see all of them too. My aunt Tammi & Glen have two little ones that Nelson and Henry got to play with... I wish they lived closer so they could really grow up together! Although, Henry & little Josiah are so much alike they did butt heads a few times! My little sister, Shay, & brother Nathan were there too.

All in all it was a great holiday weekend! I am glad things are settled and quiet now though.

But... it won't be that way for long. Tomorrow is day one of Christmas shopping and we need to get the little tree up in the toy room for the boys to decorate AND we need to go buy a real tree for the living room. The day after Christmas I'll go shopping for a fake tree at a discount, and new decorations, and outside lights. I can't wait to have lights on the house!! James is going to do some this year but we don't have a lot and I dont want to spend the money on it right now. Don't be surprised if in a couple years our house looks like the Chevy Chase Christmas.. ha ha ha!

Let's see.. I'm sure there is more I can ramble on...... Oh yes! I REALLY want a wood burning fireplace or stove. James wants to do a gas one but yeah, I prefer wood. Here is the fireplace I like http://www.napoleonfireplaces.com/Webshare/wood/wood%20fireplaces/nz6000.html Not very likely that we'd get it but it is sooo pretty! The wood burning stove I like is here http://www.napoleonfireplaces.com/Webshare/wood/wood%20stoves/1600c.html But I prefer it in the traditional black instead of that shiny stuff! What do you think? I can def. picture the stove in my house since it's sooo old!

Well, I better go. Talk to ya later!

No comments: