Monday, November 12, 2007

Good News & Bad

So today was my first official Scentsy party and it went surprisingly well. I'm very pleased with the outcome. But.... On my way home from said party, I stopped at a friends to pick up my boys. We then went on to the gas station and then on our way home. At about 9:30p.m. I was almost to beer store city and I saw a large Doe approaching the road. I put on my breaks but still managed to hit the deer. Apparently it ran off but not before tearing my van up!! It scared the crap out of me! Nelson was scared and crying, my knees were weak and Henry was yelling "Big deer! Big Deer!" Much of my bumper was hanging off and I couldn't pull it the rest of the way off so I could drive home so James left work at the fire department to come rescue us. I had my hazard lights on so he could see me but after the SIXTH person pulled over to help me I decided to turn them off. I was surprised at how many people were so helpful at that time of night bu I was also afraid... after all, I was near the only beer stores for miles and close to the lake and...well, you never know what kind of person you'll run into there. A couple guys in a pick up truck stopped to see how we were and as soon as they realized it was a deer and not a car that I hit they wanted to know which way the deer went. I wasn't sure but I pointed in some direction anyway and these rednecks went looking for it!!! They drove up and down the ditch for a good ten minutes looking. A few minutes later an office pulled up... a passerby had called in... and then James arrived. Five seconds later an ambulance was driving by and just happened to be James supervisor from his other job. They helped him pull the rest of the bumper off and check it out to make sure I could drive it home. While this was going on, a wrecker pulled up and some "first responders". Wow did it get blown out of proportion!! Anyway....James followed me home so now I get an ugly van to drive and have to deal with insurance now! Hooray! Did I mention how ticked I am about the fact that I have only had THIS van for about a year and a half??!! I got this van to replace the one that was totaled by a drunk driver. What's the deal?? Do I have "I like wrecks" painted on my auto somewhere??

Well... if you know me you know I can't do anything without taking pictures so here you go:

2 comments:

Leah Armstrong said...

I knew when my phone rang something was wrong!! I am so glad you and the boys are ok. Man this van has been through alot...not to mention last Christmas when you ran into the fence. LOL Love ya girl...and yes the party was great...and continues to grow!!

Anonymous said...

When I first saw the picture, I thought maybe it was the pictures from the drunk driver, but good grief another accident. Glad ya'll are okay, and had plenty of help.
Love you,
Laura