Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Scissors: Just Old or Really Old?

Today James found a rusty pair of scissors buried in the yard. If you know me you know I watch too much HGTV including the show If Walls Could Talk. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a show where people buy really old homes (like mine! - built in 1905) and find "treasure" and links to the history of the home in the yard, walls, closets, etc. I've always wanted to find something, even a rusty pair of scissors, that were some how linked to the people that first built this home or even the second or third owners. So I was pretty excited when James brought the rusty scissors in. There was quite a thick layer of rust on them and they wouldn't open or close. I cleaned them up using some acidic toilet bowl cleaner and got most of the rust off. Now, for all I know these could just be a couple years old, left behind by the couple we bought the home from or.... maybe they're really old................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look pretty old to me. What is the handle made out of?

Leah Armstrong said...

I think you should get a shadowbox type frame and frame them. I think that would be cool. You could hang it in your laundry room or something.