Saturday, August 27, 2011

The First Week of School

Nelson and Henry survived their first week of school!

Henry was really dreading 1st grade (thank you Nelson for making it sound scary!) but he loves his teacher and really enjoyed the first week. He had his very first spelling test and made a 100!



Nelson was excited to start 4th grade. This year he will have 4 teachers that he moves between for each subject. 6 including music and PE but he doesn't have those every day. He was excited to have his 2nd grade teachers daughter as his homeroom teacher this year. It turns out that Jack isn't so noisy and rambunctious when his brothers aren't here to wind him up. We are working on learning colors but every time I show him a color he says no. It wasn't his idea so it couldn't be that color! He is starting to get back on track with potty training. Friday and Saturday he didn't have any accidents!
Kash is 3 months old now. He is doing the usual eating, sleeping, pooping really well. :) He is smiling and laughing now and I think starting to notice he has hands. I love this age when they begin to see things for the first time.


In addition to school starting, I have began babysitting for a friend who teaches here. She has a precious baby boy that is a couple months older than Kash. He is such a sweet happy baby! I've started trying to get in shape.... well, a different shape. I am working on my eating habits and trying to get fit. I've lost 3 lbs in 2 weeks so that is a plus. I'm using myfitnesspal.com to set my goals and track my progress.

James is working hard to keep our family going. He is contemplating running again. It's been over a year and he went for a little job a few nights ago and enjoyed it. I worry about his back but he is released to run as of July. The boys and I will enjoy watching him race again if he chooses too.

If this week is a sign to what the school year will be like, it is going to be great! I'm so excited (and sad at the same time) to see my boys growing up. I'm so thankful to be their mother!

No comments: